EASY MOCHI COOKIES
Who doesn’t like cookies!?
Who doesn’t like Mochi?
…exactly, nobody. That’s why you have got to try this easy mochi cookie recipe.
Kitchen Utensils Featured
Mochi Ingredients (15-20 cookies)
70g Glutinous Rice Flour
20g Corn Starch
Choc Chip Cookie Dough (15-20 cookies)
120g unsalted butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup caster sugar
1 & 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
20g cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
Matcha White Chocolate Cookie Dough (20-22 cookies)
170g unsalted butter
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 caster sugar
1 egg & 1 egg yolk
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 cups of flour
1 tablespoon matcha powder
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
The first stage is to make your mochi filling. Now, our mochi is going to use a few ingredients not normally found in mochi to make it work in a cookie recipe.
- Put all the dry ingredients into a bowl and mix.
- Add in your milk and vanilla extract until the thing is well combined with no lumps.
- Place some cling film on top of the bowl, poke a few wholes in it and microwave it for about a minute or two. on Mid – High, depending on your microwave.
- Then add in your butter while it’s hot and mix that in until you get a very buttery soft rice ball.
- Put it aside and let it rest.
Next stage is to create your cookie dough. We have two flavours, Choc chip and Matcha with white chocolate, which are very similar to make. But let’s start with the Choc chip cookie dough.
- Mix the butter, sugar and the eggs. Tip: make sure the butter is at room temperature when you mix to prevent the eggs from splitting. (I had to learn this from many many attempts)
- Sift in your flour, coco powder and baking powder before mixing it all together until you get cookie dough.
Now time for the matcha with white chocolate cookies.
- Mix your butter, brown sugar and caster sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Add in your egg and 1 extra egg yolk, vanilla extract before mixing that all together.
- Add in your flour, matcha powder, and baking powder now. Mix it in until you get cookie dough.
Finally, we are ready for assembly.
Tip: let your cookie dough rest in the fridge for about an hour before assembly to make it easier to handle with the mochi.
- Grab a chunk of cookie dough and roll it into a ball.
- Use your thumb to push an indent into the middle.
- Grab a small piece of mochi and roll it into a ball to be placed into the hole you made in your cookie dough.
- Squeeze the surrounding cookie dough to cover the mochi. Roll the whole thing into a ball, before flatten the ball into a cookie shape.
- Add your chocolate chips on top!
pre-heat your oven at 180 degrees celsius. Then bake for 10 minutes.