Lazy Dine-in Hack
WATCH THE VIDEO
Sometimes you get caught up with things during the day that you really didn’t prep anything for dinner, and you want something fast without it being a microwave meal or picking the phone up to order takeout. Again.
This recipe is crazy simple, it’ll blow your mind away. Lo Mein comes in many variations and it’s really just noodles with sauce.
You can use anything you want, but a good rule is to have a nice mix of spicy, savory and tart.
Here’s my lo mein recipe below, or watch me make it in the video above.
Hong Kong style egg noodles (1 – 2 portions, up to you)
Handful of chopped spring onions
1 tablespoon of minced garlic
2 tablespoons of soy sauce
1 tablespoon of Chinese black vinegar
A few drops of chili oil to your liking
A teaspoon of Lo Gan Ma
1. Bring a pot to boil and prep your garlic and spring onions while you wait.
2. Place your egg noodles in once your pot of water is boiling. I like using Hong Kong style egg noodles because they have a nice chew, but you can also use other noodles such as knife cut noodles, udon or any type that don’t tend to stick together once dry.
3. As you wait for your noodles to be cooked. (It would only take 2 – 3 minutes) Heat a pan up with some cooking oil and slightly fry your garlic and spring onions to get your kitchen smelling delicious! Place the garlic and spring onions with the hot oil into your noodle bowl.
4. Next grab all your liquid components and place them in your noodle bowl as well. Drain your noodles from the pot and place them into your bowl alone with everything else.
5. Toss your noodles until each strand of noodle is coated evenly with sauce, and then enjoy the easiest meal you’ve ever made!