I loved this dish as a kid, it was something my grandma would make for us as a snack every time we would go visit her. She would always make enough for me, my siblings and my cousins, but there’s something about all of us sitting around the table, gobbling up the food as quickly as possible so that no one else took our fair share, that made the chicken wings even tastier.
Coca-cola Chicken Wings
1. Place your chicken wings in a pot. Fill the pot with water until it covers the chicken. Bring it to boil and blanch the chicken wings. Once they are blanched, take the chicken wings out and place them in a bowl.
2. Grab your ginger and slice it not too thinly. Roughly 0.5cm or so in thickness. Smash your garlic cloves a bit by usng the blade of your knife.
3. Place ginger, garlic, coke, soy sauce, and dark soy sauce in a bowl and mix it a little. Then add this mixture into a pot and bring to boil.
4. Place your chicken wings in the pot once your sauce is brought to a boil and cook on low heat for 20min.
5. Take the lid off after 20min of braising and let the sauce reduce on medium heat.
6. (Optional) Serve on plate and garnish with sesame seeds, spring onions and enjoy!