(Press play to see the recipe – it’s part of my vlog where I went out to a new Hong Kong diner in Rhodes)
I’ve been making this pasta dish on-an-almost weekly basis because it’s so easy. And after showing it to you guys in one of my vlogs – many of you have helped improve the recipe, but also wanted to learn.
So, here’s the recipe.
Hope you enjoy it, and do let me know if you do!
Butter-Garlic-Chilli PRAWN Pasta
1 portion of spaghetti
3 – 4 cloves of garlic
6 garlic prawns or peeled fresh prawns
5 cherry tomatoes
A sprinkle of chilli flakes to taste
Handful of chopped parsley
A squeeze of fresh lemon juice
1. Bring a pot to boil for your spaghetti. And while you wait for your pot of water and spaghetti to cook we will prep the other ingredients – which takes around 12 minutes in total.
2. Take 4 cloves of garlic and finely chop them. Cut your cherry tomatoes in halves, and finely chop your parsley.
3. Heat a pan with some cooking oil, and once the oil is hot – toss your garlic in. Place your pan on low heat to avoid burning the garlic.
4. Once your kitchen smells deliciously garlicky. Place your cherry tomatoes in and let them cook a little before placing your prawns in. When your prawns are almost 50% cooked (you can tell by the colour) – place in your chopped parsley, chilli flakes and spaghetti with about 4 tablespoons of pasta water.
5. As you stir your spaghetti in the pan, add in 1 tablespoon of butter. Give it a good mix.
6. Plate your pasta and give a squeeze of lemon to finish it off. Enjoy!