Cream Cheese Snacks in Under 15min
WATCH THE VIDEO
Cream cheese recipes don’t have to be just spreading it on toast or making a cheesecake, although both are absolutely delicious.
Cream cheese is actually very versatile in the kitchen if you give it a chance.
The creamy texture of cream cheese makes it perfect for incorporating and mixing into your dishes. And the deliciously rich, fatty and slightly tangy flavour gives whatever you pair it with a wonderful creamy tang.Today I’m going to share 6 cream cheese recipes you can make in 15 minutes tops.
Table of Contents:
MEXICAN GRILLED CORN - STREET FOOD STYLE
2 ears of corn
1/4 cup of mayonnaise
3/4 cups of Philly cream cheese
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
2 wedges of lime to squeeze
Pinch of paprika
1. Turn your grill on to have it ready for your corn later. (if you don’t have a grill then no worries, preheat your oven to 200C – AND if an oven or a grill isn’t available then just use a pan!)
2. Grab a mixing bowl and mix your mayonnaise and cream cheese together until it’s a smooth spreadable mixture.
3. Cut your lime into wedges.
4. Peel the husk from your corn and place them on your grill for 10 – 15min. Or until your corn gets slightly golden brown or charred.
5. Take your corn off the grill and spread your cream cheese mixture onto your corn.
6. Sprinkle parmesan cheese and paprika powder.
7. Plate up with a wedge of lime and enjoy!
SPICY INSTANT NOODLES WITH CREAM CHEESE
1 packet of spicy instant noodles of your choice
Cream cheese (as much or as little as you want)
1. Boil some water in a pot, and place your instant noodles into the boiling water.
2. Once cooked, drain the noodles of water and place them into a bowl.
3. Add in all the flavouring packets and a generous amount of cream cheese into the bowl while the noodles are still hot. Mix the whole thing together until the noodles are evenly coated with a spicy creamy sauce.
CREAM CHEESE DEVILED EGGS
1 1/2 tablespoon of mayonnaise
1/2 tablespoon of cream cheese
1/2 teaspoon of white vinegar
1 teaspoon of dijon mustard
Paprika to taste
Salt & pepper to taste
1. Place a pot of water and bring to boil. Place your eggs in for roughly 7min. (this depends on the size of your eggs, but 7 minutes is a good guide)
2. Once your eggs are done. Peel the shell off and cut your eggs in half vertically.
3. Scoop your egg yolks out and place them into a bowl. Place your egg whites to one side for now.
4. In the same bowl, add in your dijon mustard, white vinegar, cream cheese and mayonnaise. Mix well.
5. Once your egg yolk mix is a smooth consistency, grab your egg whites and spoon in your egg yolk cream cheese mixture back into the egg whites.
6. Sprinkle your paprika, salt and pepper to taste.
7. Plate up and enjoy!
CREAM CHEESE TEA
200ml whipping cream
200g cream cheese
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon of salt
Your tea of choice (hot or cold)
1. First brew your tea and let it cool down and place it in the fridge if you want a cold beverage. If you want your tea hot then make your cream cheese topping first and brew your tea last instead.
2. Grab a mixing bowl and place your cream cheese inside. Mash your cheese until it’s softens, before adding your sugar and salt. Mix until the sugar is dissolved and fully incorporated. (you may want to use an electric whisk for this part, if you do then use a low speed to avoid over whipping)
3. Next, slowly add the milk into your mix and gradually whisk at a faster speed until you start to see your cream cheese mix get slightly foamy on the surface.
4. At this point, you’ll want to add in your whipping cream and continue to whisk until you get medium soft peaks.
5. Grab your tea, and then scoop your cream cheese topping on top to complete your very own cream cheese tea just like the bubble tea shops.
CREAM CHEESE JALAPEÑO POPPERS
5 – 10 Jalapeno peppers
200g cream cheese
1 cup of Cheese (parmesan and cheddar)
1 sprig of spring onion
Paprika and garlic powder to taste
A handful of potato chips
1. Preheat your oven to 220C.
2. Slice your jalapeño peppers vertically in half.
3. Use a spoon and deseed your peppers, and set aside.
4. In a mixing bowl, mix your cream cheese, chopped spring onions, a pinch of paprika powder, salt & pepper to taste and finally a handful of parmesan cheese.
5. Then use a spoon and stuff your peppers with the cream cheese mix.
6. Place your peppers onto a baking tray and sprinkle cheddar cheese on top. Place your peppers into the oven at 220C for 10 – 12 minutes.
7. While your peppers are in the oven, grab your potato chips and crush them in a ziplock bag until you have crumbs.
8. Take your poppers out once you see the cheese fully melted and slightly bubbling, and sprinkle your crumbed potato chips on top.
9. Plate up and enjoy!
AVOCADO SMASH ON TOAST
Half a ripe avocado
A few slices of red onion
Cream cheese to spread
2 slices of bread of your choice (I recommend Rye bread)
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Place your slices of bread in the toaster.
2. While you wait for your toast, grab your avocado and smash it up. Add salt & pepper to taste.
3. Then thinly slice a few slithers of red onion, and place that aside.
4. Once your toast is done, spread a generous amount of cream cheese, place your avocado on top and finish it off with your red onion slices.
5. Serve and enjoy.